Sleeping Beauty Coloured and Sketeched 1300's Gowns



When designing I looked at 1300's fashion, it was very simple and had very little shape, long sleeves were a big hit in that century. I wanted to add different head garments as I saw a lot of weird headpieces.  In the story there wasn’t much of a description of her outfit, I only found one line.

" Her dress embroided with Gold and Pearls"

I tried adding some gold to the pink gown to link to this sentence. I trialled adding pink and blue to my dresses to link them to Disney's original costumes, I'm not too pleased with the outcome as I think the colours are too overpowering and take away the effect of the garments.

If I could change anything I would change the colours as I find them to be too distracting and I would trial gold and silver too for a contrast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs