Book Layout Research



Before drawing out my Illustrated book layout I looked at a variety of different children's books, this is because I wanted the layout to be like a children's book even though my target audience was teenagers/adults, I wanted this to hypocrite the book as it is a book children should read and also how Disney's audience is many child based.
The first book I looked at was the, "three little pigs", this book was a pop up book which means some of the illustrations pops out and looks 3D. This book was definitely more based on the illustrations instead of the story, I like how bright the illustrations are but I think the text is overshadowed by the illustrations. This has inspired me to use bright colours at the start of the book and then get darker and faded throughout the book.

Cat in the Hat

My second children's book was, "Cat in the Hat", this book is very minimalistic as it only has a use of the block colours:
  • red
  • yellow
  • blue
Lots of the text is based around the illustrations and more noticeable than the previous book I looked at. This book also uses the use of negative space well to make the whole book link together perfectly.

Thomas the Tank Engine: 
My third and final book I looked at was, "Thomas the Tank Engine", the illustrations were layed out very simply by either being square or circular. They layout isn't very interesting and doesn't seem to work well with the amount of text. I am not inspired by this book at all as i find it plain and boring.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs