First Illustrations

My first Illustration I did was difficult as I didn't feel confident draw a horse, as I didn't want it to look too realistic but I also wanted it to be in my own style, so I looked on google to and took some inspiration from pictures of horses and drew from them in my own unique style. At the start of this book I wanted Cinderella to look happy and normal to then change throughout the book. As for textures I wanted the slab/rock path to have a more rocky texture so I chose a dry blotchy circular brush and chose multiple shades of brown to give texture and definition. I wanted to shade and highlight everything softly to add a non realistic look to make it look more caricature.  If I could change anything I would try and add texture to the walls of the house, as it looks very plain and doesn't look like bricks, I would also change the pose I chose for Cinderella as I think her hand behind her looks out of place and doesn't work well. The Stepsisters and stepmother was the favourite part for me to draw as they are so wild and dark I love how gruesome and and Tim Burton styled they are, with my own style twist on it. My next illustration I want to do is the last one we have Cinderella in, this is so when I do the middle illustrations I can change Cinderellas facial and body evenly and look well executed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs