Film and Book cover research


 Book Covers


When looking at "Disney book covers", I wanted to find a variety of techniques including digitally as well as hand drawn covers. I really like the , Jungle Book, cover as it overlays multiple leaves in a variety of bright colours, this is eye catching but also leads your eye to the title as it contrasts the background.
The Mary Poppins, hand drawn style cover is very interesting as i like the natural art texture it gives off, I also like the use of colour as it isn't too bright but still catches your eye and makes it look like a family friendly book.
Alice in Wonderland includes mainly typography in the style of the rabbit hole, this gives the audience  tripped out feeling, it makes you think your looking into the rabbit hole itself.
As Old as Time, is digitally made and uses a lot of dark colours such as black and red, this contrasts against the bright blue text and the rose at the bottom of the cover.



 Film Posters


 When researching "Disney posters" I wanted to look at different digital styles as I found a lot of hand drawn book covers. My favourite piece is, The Little Mermaid, as it is very simplistic yet works really well and has kept the original font. My least favourite is ,Ratatouille, as it doesn't have much colour and has and old effect on it which I don't think is very effective.



Looking at all these Film posters and book covers has helped me see what kind of style i want to work with and the materials I want to use. I want to make sure my illustrations in my book is the same style and material as my cover.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs