Free the Nipples

After
Before

Free the Nipple is a sketch I made to represent a recent Feminism campaign/march, to try and take away the sexual stigma women's boobs have. This is because it is perceived that women should not breast feed in public and go around topless as its seen as sexual, where as men are free to walk around topless without any stigma.

I drew two rough nipples using Photoshop, I wanted the two nipples to be very different in shape, colour and texture, this is because not all nipples are similar.
To blend in the highlights and shadows I used a new technique, I tried using the "mixer tool", as it helps blend colours together, I had to trial changing the wetness, size and mix to get the right consistency I wanted.

The final design of this image I love as you can see the brush strokes, which I really wanted as boobs are a natural things, I also love how the colours have blended together. If I could change anything I would trial a different font as I'm not sure it fits aesthetically, I would also try and lower the amount of negative shape there is as i think it takes over the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs