Personal Brandalising Posters












Our task was to create a Brandalising poster on a topic/company we felt strongly against. As a starting base I researched what cosmetic brands use Animal testing, this is because I feel very strongly against this as lots of animals die in the process, I chose M.A.C as it is a well known makeup brand sold worldwide.
My first idea was to use the logo to create some sort of animal testing scenery, I wanted to keep the colour to a minimum so the logo looked more like the original. I think the final design looks effective as it shows how the logo merges into the animal testing, if i could change anything i would try and add another drawing piece on the letter ,"A", so it doesn't look so out of place.

For my second design I wanted to show how the effects experimenting on animals has to the animals physical appearance, I wanted to achieve this by adding bruises and blood to a model for beauty products. I used Photoshop to add blood, stitches and rashes to the models face. Using a soft brush on a new layer I added blue, purple and green around the models eyes to represent bruising.
I also added a needle to show how animals get injected with different  fluids to calm them or even that can harm them.

My last brandalism poster was based around lipstick shades, I wanted the lipstick lids to have a animal that had been experimented on, this is to show the audience what they are condoning when they are buying products from this certain brand. I re-coloured the lipstick tubes to be a more sickly/blood looking colour. I wanted to add blood to show that most animals die from being tested on and mistreated, although i like the effect it has i think it would look more professional without the blood. Add the text "what shade will you choose" was meant to show that picking one of the shades to wear will in fact you be choosing which animal you kill by experimenting that beauty product on, this will get the audience to think more about what they are doing.
My favourite poster design is definitely my lipstick lid animals, as i think it is the most effective an gets the audience thinking about how bad animal testing is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs