Human Trafficking Photography Trials


"Drugged up"
Before taking any pictures I drew out some rough sketches of objects I thought related to Human Trafficking.

When taking these images I wanted to try and show how people who are being trafficked for sex, feel emotionally and physically. I took inspiration from both Natalia Drepina and Noell Oswald by having minimal colour as well as making the images look faded.

My first image, "drugged up", is to show how human traffickers drug up their women to get them so addicted they will do anything for their next fix. This was difficult to take as the taste of the pills were making me flinch because of the taste of them. I really like how the image came out as it looks very effective and shows how addicted women/men who are being trafficked for sex can get to the drugs.
"drowning in my own impurity"

My second image, "drowning in my own impurity", is meant to show how impure the women/men feel after every "sex sale". I wanted to make the water as murky as possible to show the model is drowning into the darkness. I did this by adding lots of white oils and milk to make the water cloudy. If I could change anything I would trial different positions for the model to do.
"Tied up yet broken"
For my third image, "Tied up yet broken", I wanted to show how people who are being trafficked are tided up and kept hostage against their will.

If I could change anything i would try different positions and images to show a variety. I would also trial colour spotting to add a bit of colour to my images. I do not want to follow this up further, I wont be carring on with the Human trafficking photography final piece, instead I will be putting all my attention to the Feminism magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs