Stormtrooper Feminism

Monday 30th, I decided to go for a more brandalism kind of approach, I wanted to take a well known film and develop it into a Feminist illustration. The film I chose was, Star Wars, this is because you see a lot of male characters and not many females especially as stormtroopers, with the exception of the newest film.

I decided to have a female stormtrooper pointing a laser gun at a male stormtrooper as he is sexualising her, he does this by imagining her naked. I wanted this to work like a brandalism poster but also have comedic value. I trialled different colour variations, one being the storm troopers in their best related gender colours, e.g. pink for females, blue for males. I also trialed the image being in black and white.

If I could change anything i would try and trial different fonts and how bold they are, this is because I'm not sure the text blends in with the image, i think it looks a bit out of place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dominic Murphy Artist Research

Original stories Dinsey used to base their movies off

Step mother and Step sisters dress designs